Forum Discussion

bduncan
Contributor
8 years ago

mht files stopped opening in IE

We have been using .mht as the format for log files for 18 months and have never had a problem opening them.

Today I was reviewing logs fine, then out of the blue when I would try to open a log I get an error "Internet Explorer has stopped working".  Since then its hit or miss whether I can open any given log file.  Logs that opened earlier, won't open, then later they will; there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the pattern.  My co-worker also started having this problem today.

Our system did do a Windows Update and currently, our version of Internet Explorer is:

On the virtual machines where the tests are run, we can open the files reliably and their IE is version:

Rebooting my machine didn't help.  I'm going try a system restore tomorrow morning after my tests finish running, but I was curious if anyone else had just started having this problem.

Thanks

William

4 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

I have no problem to open .mht with: 

bduncan
      Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, our corporate network forces Windows Updates on us and both my machine, and my colleagues machine got updated, and they are the machines having problems now.  That's just fantastic, thanks Microsoft! 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

From your screenshots, it looks like the virtual machine versions are newer than your local ones. Can you try forcing an update on your local machine and see if you get a higher version?