Forum Discussion

saaran
Contributor
9 years ago

Integrate jenkins with test complete tool

How to integrate the Jenkin's tool with Test Complete and Test Execute and also how to start work in it? 

Please provide some useful links to learn about the jenkins tool and Tell me the uses of jenkin's tool.

Please help me by proviing solutions.

Regards,

Saran P.

2 Replies

theraud-g
      Occasional Contributor

I am using TestComplete Jenkins plugin, but I am not really convinced.

I am trying to get a better log result visualization using both TestCompleteXUnit and publish TestComplete Result but that does not fit my needs. It is a good start though. 

Since results visualization in Jenkins is missing something when you have several project or keywords, I am thinking about build my own viewer. I did not understand why you guys chose MHT reporting over JSON or XML but I could work with it. Unfortunately, TCLogs result are not available via Jenkins API, then I think I should develop an extension or something.

I have been looking on your blog, under TestComplete section (give it a try : http://blog.smartbear.com/category/testcomplete/) but it is full of Testing career advices, slides and book we should read, but nothing about TC community, features, and so on (You should consider turning your TestComplete blog section into an actual TestComplete updates and not this kind of thread I would read on LinkedIn, twitter or Medium).

Since I am bit stuck here, I also looked in the TestComplete Script Extension community, but could not find anything suitable. I am pretty sure something is achivable here, but it would require a better TestComplete integration (through XUnit, API and so one) with standards.

Guillaume