Forum Discussion

ThiagoAraujo
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Increment Loop

Hello guys,

I have a little doubt as to a data loop.

I am using the Data-Drive Loop to fill the data from a certain page, what I do is I'm not getting an increase in the data.

ex:

Before filling in the data, I search to see if it has a membership on this name, if not, the TC begins to fill the data. In the end he comes back and search the same name that used to fill the data to verify that the registration was even created.

The problem is: if this record already, I want the Loop skip a position, and search for the next name on the list, and so on until you find one that has not been registered.

Is there any way to perform this action?

I am using VBscript, TestComplete 9, recording tests directly in the browser. How to fill the database, I'm using Excel spreadsheet.

I used Google Translate to translate, sorry any error.

4 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    I am not sure if I understood your problem correctly, but if you can't move to the next row in an Excel table, you most probably miss the Next statement in your loop. It is described here

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/30043/

If this is not the case, please provide your code example
    ThiagoAraujo
    Occasional Contributor

So ... I will show a picture to give a better example.

Which is marked with a red circle is where I like to do the increment ... That action is called the routine itself, creating a kind of recursion ... Every time she was called, tables excel walked a position. Thus, do recursion until the checkpoint that FALSE.

I wonder how this increase work ... He walk a position within Excel.

ThiagoAraujo
    Occasional Contributor

Resolved,

I used a macro in Excel that shuffles the lines every time the TC opens the spreadsheet.

For my feature this solution worked.

cya.