Forum Discussion

ashutosh01
Contributor
10 months ago

Getting error such as disconnecting from client

I am getting following error frequently when I am using object spy tool 

is this an application issue or testcomplete?

8 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

It looks like you are trying to spy on an object, which no longer exists. I'm guessing your application has deleted this object.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

I don't think so, it is visible on screen and also when i retry to spy it gives the properties but when try to highlight on screen it starts giving error.

where can i get the mechanism or protocol doc or information regarding spy tool that how does it work?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What version of TestComplete are you using? What were you doing to get this error message to appear? Providing more information can be beneficial

ashutosh01
      Contributor

It is happening when I am spying on any object in my application and when going to object browser and trying to highlight the identified object. This is happening very frequently.

TC is 15.53.2.7

also sharing other errors showing in Object spy tool

Error: An error occurred.
      Possible reasons:
      1. The application stopped responding.
      2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
      3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute.

Technical information:
      204 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) getContextMenu

every tie these error shows in Object spy tool but whenever i click on highlight screen disconnected from client error comes.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

A quick Google search shows that the message means that an application that was supposed to open something was unable to do so. What is happening in your test at the time you get the error? Let's see the code please.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

It is happening when I am spying on any object in my application and when going to object browser and trying to highlight the identified object.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

No Only WIndows defender is running i can see that in task manager.

No third party antivirus is installed

ok so thanks I will raise the ticket to smartbear