Forum Discussion

deepskyman
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

How to put together a development environment for proving data delivery from Oracle UTL_HTTP

Hi there, although an experienced application developer I have very little exposure to web technologies.  Background provided, now down to the nitty gritty of this message.  I have been tasked with developing a solution to deliver event based data from an Oracle database to a web-service (exact nature of this yet to be defined).  With a little investigation I believe I have identified how to send the data from Oracle, this would be via the PL/SQL package UTL_HTTP.  However I am somewhat at a loss as to what I need on the receiving end from a development persepctive in order to prove end to end that things are working.  Data delivery from Oracle will be in JSON format.

I have IIS7 installed and working on my development machine.  Coding for the web service will done using VB.NET under Visual Studio 2013.  From speaking to some colleagues more attuned to the web development world they mentioned using SOAPUI as a vehicle that might be useful for my purpose.  How can I best make use of SOAPUI in the context of the solution I have been tasked with?

Kind Regards

Paul J.