Forum Discussion

rachel_hughes
Contributor
8 years ago

How can I run 'Test Coverage Run by Test Set' for a release so it displays the last result?

How can I run 'Test Coverage Run by Test Set' for a release so it displays only the last result?

Currently when I have a release with multiple builds this report will consolidate all results.  For example, if the release has 2 builds:

-          The first build might result in 10 Passes and 10 Fails

-          The second build might result in 10 passes – we may or may not re-run the already passed tests.

In this scenario the report for the release will display a total of 20 passes and 10 fails – I would like it to show just the last recorded status – irrespective of the build it was run in.  

1 Reply

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately, there are no default reports and dashboards which do exactly what you need.

The 'Test Coverage Run details by Test Set' report shows all Test Runs for Tests. In your case, I can suggest that you use the "Test Library Last Run Status by Requirement" report or the "Tests by Last Run Status" dashboard.

But, by default, it will show all tests that you have. To see results for a particular test set in a dashboard, I can suggest the following:
    - create a Custom field for Tests with Test Set Name;
    - fill in this field for Tests in the particular Test Set;
    - create a Filter for Tests, which will return Test only for this Test Set;
    - apply this filter to the "Tests by Last Run Status" dashboard.
    Please see my sample video: http://screencast.com/t/rXbqS5gS.

Anastasia

Customer Care Team