Forum Discussion

rachel_hughes
Contributor
9 years ago

Can I link tests to requirements when importing tests using a CSV file?

Can I link tests to requirements when importing tests using a CSV file?  If not, am I restricted to manually configuring this data?  The reason I am asking is that I have 100's of tests which I need to import and link to requirements.

Many Thanks.

3 Replies

• Hello Rachel,

Currently the only way to do this would be to manually create the links between Requirements and Tests. When importing from .csv there is no way to import the traceability between Requirements and Tests. With that being said, we are constantly looking for feedback, like your own, to enhance QAComplete. I am going to pass your request on to our Product Management team so they can see if they can add it to a future release.

Thank you,
    Christiane

karen_milburn
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was looking for this also and checked here.  We have a need for this now also.  I have a department that is not currently using QAComplete and they are going to use excel files and load that way..  This would be nice to have available.

CGangloff

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply. I will create a case for you in order to link it to the product managements request I submitted earlier. You will be copied on the case.

Have a great day,

Christiane